Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rise and Shine.

Another month is going to be over soon.

But I'm not depressed or discouraged as still being unemployed. But in the meantime, according to friends alike who have given me precious advice on the perils of working life, I thank you.

1. Enjoy whatever time you have right now, cuz when u start working, you gonna slog like fuck.

- Well, if I'm going to embark on a career, it has to be satisfying to me, else I would just call it a job, not a career. To me, if it is something interesting to do and something that can further allow me to enrich my life further, why not? Even if I have to journey to some freaking far industrial area, work 2 shifts, I will do it, but only it the job has any benefit to building up my career.

2. What do you want to do? IT or Business?

- Seriously, I haven't got a detailed clue, just a vague idea. Why I wanna do IT? Because i still have some interest in it especially in the sales, security and networking areas. Though my programming skills still suck like hell, I'm not afraid to try building it up. I guess thats my main weakness in IT, but to put it in my own words, no weakness, no further gains. As for why I think about pursuing a career in business, well, its a more or less proven fact in Singapore that only through business, money comes rolling in. And management skills can be picked up from business much more readily than other fields where you traditionally work up the chain of seniority. So I guess its still a two way answer. But well, thats why there's such a thing called a double-edged sword right?

3. Aiyah, any job that comes, just take. Do it for the experience.

- True. I agree to this point. But wait a minute. I still have to look at the pay regardless. I don't want to get a damn low pay < 2 K. I might as well just live with a diploma right?

No comments: