Sunday, August 13, 2006

Thinking back about my 2 years plus inthe unit

Time passes by so fast. Its been 2 years since I was enlisted into the army on the 20th August 2004. The times were hard as a chao recruit. You were the smallest dude in the entire company, and yet, we were still so happy. I started my days as Recruit Tan under Whiskey Company, sang a whole lot of crappy songs, basic military training, instill discipline in us. Went to field camp as a group, then got posted to my unit, spent the rest of my life there, donning the CD Fam suit, hot as hell, breathing functions were worse...knowing the Hokkien pengs and Angmoh pengs, letting their presence be felt in my life. The emerging of my understudy and and our lovable "kaya" SGT were the most memorable jokes in this time.


I'm in the Gas Mask. My friend in the suit.




No comments: