Saturday, October 04, 2008

This thing called experience.

After these past few months of working for my current workplace, I find that I have gained alot of knowledge of the working environment that is vastly different from the experiences of working as a intern in my former job attachment in a software development company and as a customer service officer in CPF Board.

Really, I found that in this short time, the experiences and knowledge gained is tremendous, compared to those. You see, if you are an intern, they wouldn't let you touch their systems for fear of accidents or damages occuring. Well, not all companies. This Indian friend of mine was given the opportunity to 'touch' HDB's DB systems, but he ended up erasing the whole thing. Dangers of the job.

So this would be one reason why it is justifable not to let noobs touch the system. However, in this company, I felt that these presumptions have led to my gain of around 300% more insight in my job field, alot more than what I've understood at the other 2 workplaces.

So, I really appreciated that the company hired me. Thank you.

No comments: