Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Judge me Dude!

Went back to camp this morning to carry out my duties for the LRI. Pissed off 2 new specs, or so it seems. Everyone's complaining bout my understudy, who keeps looking for trouble, the same way a bee has to get to its nectar. He calls me back for every single small damn thing, and complains way hell alot of stuff. Buai tahan ar.

Managed to go for aikido today, there was this new student, think he's either German and American, judging from his accent. I didn't have time to bring my uniform, so I decided to help out with what I was wearing, some normal civilian jeans cum special force attire- my unit polo tee, which carries the line, "Explosive Ordnance Disposal". Well, back to the guy, one of the other 1st kyu guys, a black gold tip fyi, was teaching him when the main instructor called that guy to help out for a demostration, so he asked me to teach the guy instead.

The guy complained to the Instructor that he wants a black gold (1st kyu) to coach and train with him. Not some newbie-looking guy who just came in from the door. Clearly he stated to Instructor Ahmad that he doesn't want coaching from a noob!! Then looked at me with a condemming look.

Joke was, Ahmad laughed it off, much to the guy's confusion, and replied that I was the same rank as the guy before, and that I was his assistant instructor. The German guy got a rude shock and gave me a disbelieving look!

I decided to do the best thing, I gave him a bow and a nice Cheshire cat smile...and continue to teach him. Haha...it was a really funny incident.

No comments: