Thursday, October 18, 2007

In the End

A year has passed. (almost.)

So fast. Just wanted to write something here.

I really love the time spent here and the friends made. Some old friends come and go after awhile, and its not my loss for them to be outta my life.

I made a few new friends as an exchange, you lose some, you get some.

One group of friends that I really appreciated alot were the the guys in my course, Muy Lip, Danny and Kevin. These guys really were the nicest bunch of friends I met here. Helped me alot with my work and whenever I was feeling down, they would be around to advise me. Kevin helped me alot as well, lending me his self-help books that really helped me change my perspective of life.

Thank you my friends.

Another group of friends were the dudes from SSA. Since I joined them with Kevin, I found that they were really a nice bunch. This group had its up and downs, but I guess we pulled through in the end. I had lots of fun organizing activities with them, and it helped me to see others in a better light. I got to make alot of friends of various nationalities. Also, when we got into teams to do work, I got to know how to draw the line between work and friends, gaining more knowledge slowly in life. I got to know who could be trusted with responsibility, and whom were contributing as a commitment, not because they had to.

Oh well, JOIN SSA!

What can I say for others coming overseas to study? My opinion would be not to put all your eggs in the same basket. Keep your options open and make more friends from various cliques. Find the group that most suits you, and stick with them through thick and thin. Cuz you never know which would turn out to be a bad egg and backstab you in some funny way just for his/her own gain and interest.

The study life in Australia may need some time to get used to. You need to adjust to the various short form words the lecturers use, the other nationalities in class. I must say I did encounter color differentiation in class, not from the tutors of course, but more from the classmates.

When you are here for awhile, you might realize that there's the common misconception that when you are Asian or Chinese, you are from China, you are from a run down country, you took a boat here... etc...thats often the misconceptions of the frogs living in their own well. What to do? for those who mind, just take it with a pinch of salt, its not our loss, its theirs. Who loses face when they say all this? not us.




(It starts with)
One thing / I don’t know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind / I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know
time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
It’s so unreal
Didn’t look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on / but didn’t even know
Wasted it all just to
Watch you go
I kept everything inside and even though I tried / it all fell apart
What it meant to me / will eventually / be a memory / of a time when I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
One thing / I don’t know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind / I designed this rhyme
To remind myself how
I tried so hard
In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I’m surprised it got so (far)
Things aren’t the way they were before
You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me
In the end
You kept everything inside and even though I tried / it all fell apart
What it meant to me / will eventually / be a memory / of a time when I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter

No comments: