Monday, May 21, 2007

I cringe as I open my door.

As above. anyone wanna know why?

Because the security of the Student Housing Australia(SHA) sucks. Why do I say so?

Simple. At Global House, there has been two cases of break-in so far. At Sophia House, there has been 6 cases of break-ins. Just what the hell is the property manager doing? And when the police are called, what do they say? "Probably the guy climbed in thru the window." But seriously, can you climb up a two storey window at 8pm in the evening?

I can't. And I confirm the police officer can't either.

So which Spiderman did it?

Well, If you ask me, I'll tell you how. If the freaking SHA property manager gives our keys to the general management when we need repairs to our place to come in without our permission, thats why!

Do you know?!
1. In the event your landlord wishes to sell the rights to the apartment, the agent has the right to open your door and come and go as he/she wishes.

2. When your room needs a repair, you inform them right, but if you are not at home, the repairman has the master keys from SHA to open the door and fix the problem.

3. When a previous tenant loses his/her key, what does SHA do? They replace the key, but they do not replace the lock, so if I wanna come in, I could if i was a dishonest previous tenant.

4. When you ask the property manager to inform you 1st before the repairman comes along, she tells you that the guy doesn't have the time to wait for you and will be given the key to the room to settle the problem.

5. You have a room for the reception, but where is the receptionist?

All right, you know where is the problem here????! We international students have lost our sense of privacy. Strangers are free to come and go as and when they love it. Security is advised but not promised. Not that it has been compromised, but that it is non-existent.

Rest assure that I will inform the IDP counselor about our present predictament, and hope that they will not recommend students to stay here, considering that we are like cash cows in our pens waiting to be milked.

Moo.

No comments: