Sunday, June 10, 2007

Alternate World.

Was planning to write this in the morning, but somehow got overtaken by the other's thoughts.

Ever get the feeling that when you are sleeping, you have a dream that makes you smile, and just when you get to the good part, you wake up. An absolute letdown. You start to grumble about not finishing the dream. I had this idea when I was a kid. If you wanna continue your dream, just go back to sleep and you know what? It works.

How? You might ask. Well, There's different levels of sleep. When dreams start occurring, you are at the level where you are physically asleep, but you are still mentally conscious. Make yourself go back to that level. I have been doing this since I was a kid.

Some people may ask, what the point of this? Simple, in a dream, you came from:

Asleep --> Unconscious --> Conscious mode --> Awake.
(You have no or little control of what you are dreaming.)

I tried this method.
Awake-->Asleep-->Conscious.
(You have complete control over your dreams, and you can wake up anytime you want.)

Simply saying, I love this world. I allows me to live in this false reality where I can achieve my impossible dreams just for a temporary period of time. I get to relive my memories again, inputing parts that were missing in real life, thus turning it into reel life. Sometimes I do wish I could just sleep on and continue living in this alternate reality. But yet the reality beckons.

At the start, there were some miscalculations on my side. There was once, I woke up, went back to dreamland, but only woke up at the end of 4 days. The other times were that I went into conscious mode without physically sleeping, therefore seeing some stuff that one would normally describe as a nightmare, but the problem was that I was experiencing the nightmare while awake!

The mind is such a fun place.

No comments: