Thursday, June 21, 2007

Holidays are boring..

Just started my semester break not too long ago. Thanks to peishi, I'm now watching the dramas she has passed to me.

Previously I was watching this touching Japanese drama called Gokusen, at first I thought it had something to do with monkey god, but then well, I realized that it was actually something like GTO. I was rather pei chek that it finished after 10 episodes, but was happy to find another 10 in another disc.

But too bad, the first is always the best. As always, the weather is getting really cold, sometimes hitting 6 even. Claus has advised me to wear warm clothing, thanks alot!

Went down to smith street yesterday with pei shi, bought a suit and a hooded jacket, but I still can't find that smart casual jacket that I wanted. I used to wear jackets back in Singapore too, but somehow I found that the matching looked rather bad, so I stopped wearing them, anyway, it turns out that jackets are quite suitable here. So most of the clothes that I'm purchasing here are actually less thicker than they are suppose to be, so that when I go back to Singapore, I can wear them.

Dad told me to call my older follks here and there as they will really appreciate it. Think I should give my grandmas a call tomorrow morning, and also to start getting on with doing my work for the winter.

Things I hope to do:
1. Prep up for subjects next semester.
2. Get started on the recruitment plan.
3. Get started on the website.
4. Start reading the books I have bought so far.
5. Start trying the pasta recipe book that I bought, can cook for my parents when I get back.

I used to think that doing IT would be my preferred field of work. True, it is interesting, but it interests me more during the research factor, but not really in the practical aspect. As for photography, it is my dream to capture memorable images. Cooking? well, I hope to be able to whip up great dishes for the people I love, thats all. I think those who influenced me on these stuff would be:

IT- It should be both Jason and Yi fu.
Photography - It should be my dad and charlie.
Cooking - It should be my aunt's and uncle's food business, and Claus.

Was at a gathering chatting with Irene yesterday. She expressed interested in getting a black belt in aikido. This got me thinking, what does the black belt represent?

To some:
1. It equals to status.
2. It equals to a sense of achievement.
3. It comes about as a sense of higher learning.
4. Time to slack.

I admit that I'm not a top quality aikidoist, therefore I have no right to criticize others. But there are some who are willingly taking up an offer to lend a helping hand without knowing what he or she is getting himself into.

Things to be prepared are:
1. Students who are overzealous.
2. Complain King students.
3. Racist students.
4. Sexist students.
5. Horny students, very rare, but slim chance.

Some trainees might agree that becoming a black belt sacrifices a lot of personal time. Dedication is one thing, personal life is another. Your boyfriend or girlfriend might not understand why are you spending so much time there. You might be swamped by overwhelming demands from students and parents alike.

Well. Thats all for today. :P

No comments: