Sunday, February 18, 2007

Culture shock..!

After my 1st day of school I realized there are a few differences here from the local polys in Singapore. That was the closest match then.

Here, the lecturers don't care whether you come for lessons, they start the class and see how many people are there, and carry on. There's no attendance marking. neither in tutorial or labs. And labs and tutorials are pretty much similar to each other.

Went down for aikido yesterday. Class was really small. I think the people in Australia prefer blood sports, such as kickboxing. But then well, I enjoy the class and I'm starting from basics again, so tuning up my techniques. Informed the instructor of my current grade. Got quite a weird response, but seriously I quite like the guy, he's really tedious teacher.

No comments: