Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Ugly Singaporeans..

Just one more day before the Workfare Bonus ends and I think I have already gotten a look at the true colors of the average Singaporean.

5 Simple Ways to define a average Singaporean:
1. Gian Ben
2. Kiasu
3. Gian Lui
4. Care only for themselves.
5. Act Smart

Why do I say this? Cuz of the different types of people I met throughout the course of work these 2 days. Working in the service centre is alot different from the call centre. Life in the Call Centre is much more sheltered and the customers can't identify you. But down here, its different, they can do that.

Strangely enough, I just don't really give a damn whether will the CPF Board fire me there. Maybe cuz the work down there is plain rubbish, seeing the number of jokers that keep appearing there. Juz today, there was this lady who seeked for my help, but wouldn't let me help. And there were this bunch of customers eager to ask their various queries to get CPF statements, but for GOODNESS Sake! There are 8 booths and 1 helper only. So please be patient and not act like you own me! Saying things like, "Oei!, Hello!, Uncle!" Those words certainly aren't going to make me give you any priority in serving you 1st :P

The random idiocrsy there is even more rubbish, especially from the non-IT savvy group. I respect that the elderly might not know all these, so I do my best to aid them whenever I can. Still I can get them shouting at me to help them get their paper. "Look at the queue, please understand." The younger generation group are even worse, asking questions like, "Eh, the screen says Submit, but how come the keyboard no Submit key?"

Help me! or Rather, FIRE ME!

No comments: